What the Covid-19 Pandemic has Taught us About Public Health, Healthcare, and Human Behavior
- Review the emergence and timeline of Covid-19 across the globe.
- Discuss the impact on health behavior and mental among Americans.
- Discuss future opportunities and challenges for public health.
Other webinars in the series
Rachel Reimer, PhD
Dr. Reimer is an Associate Professor and the Chair of the department of public health at Des Moines University. Additionally, she currently serves as the Program Director for both the CEPH-accredited MPH program as well as the CAHME-accredited MHA program. Prior to leading the faculty, staff, and students in the department of public health at DMU, Dr. Reimer served as an assistant professor in the MPH program, and taught courses on social and behavioral sciences, research methods, intervention science, maternal and child health. Dr. Reimer’s public health research has covered a number of topics including healthy eating and exercise among families, HPV vaccination behaviors, racial / ethnic disparities in smoking behavior and beliefs, and more recently examining epigenetic markers among tobacco users.
Dr. Reimer obtained her Bachelor’s of Science at the University of Iowa, and her Master’s and PhDs from Iowa State University in the Department of Psychology.
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 1.0 AOA Category 1-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- Nurse: Des Moines University is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This live activity has been reviewed and approved for 1.0 continuing education contact hour(s). No partial credit awarded.
- Other Health Professionals: This live activity is designated for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No commercial interest company provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
The speaker(s) will disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director.
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, the following individuals have no financial conflicts with commercial interest companies to disclose:
- Rachel Reimer, PhD - Speaker
- Sondra Schreiber - Activity Director
The information provided at this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 1.00 AOA Category 1A
- 1.00 CE Contact Hour(s)
- 1.00 IBON
There is no cost to attend this virtual webinar. All interested healthcare professionals are invited to attend.