COVID-19 in Uganda: Uptake of Preventive Measures by the Community
REGISTER (coming soon)
Other webinars in the series
Dr. David Musok
Dr. Musoke is a Lecturer in the Department of Disease Control and Environmental Health at Makerere University School of Public Health, Uganda. He holds a Bachelors degree in Environmental Health Sciences from Makerere University, MSc in International Primary Health Care from University of London (UK), and PhD in Public Health from Cardiff Metropolitan University (UK). He is the Co-Chair of the Community Health Workers Thematic Working Group of Health Systems Global, as well as Chair of the Africa Academy for Environmental Health.
He has been involved in vast research in Environmental and Public Health in Uganda including on malaria, non-communicable diseases, community health workers, antimicrobial resistance, COVID-19 as well as water, sanitation and hygiene which has been disseminated extensively including over 50 peer reviewed publications and 70 conference presentations. He has also used photovoice, a community based participatory research methodology, in his research including among youth and community health workers. Dr. Musoke is a Senior Visiting Fellow at Nottingham Trent University (UK), as well as External Examiner at the University of Malawi, National University of Science and Technology (Zimbabwe), and Uganda Martyrs University Nkozi.
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 1.0 AOA Category 2-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- Nurse: Des Moines University is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This live activity has been reviewed and approved for 1.0 continuing education contact hour(s). No partial credit awarded.
- Other Health Professionals: This live activity is designated for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No commercial interest company provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
The speaker(s) will disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director.
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, the following individuals have no financial conflicts with commercial interest companies to disclose:
The information provided at this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 1.00 AOA Category 2A
- 1.00 CE Contact Hour(s)
- 1.00 IBON