Treatment Claims, Evidence and Choices During the Pandemic: The Case of Covid-19 in Africa
REGISTER (coming soon)
This presentation is in partnership with the Global Engagement Institute.
Other webinars in the series
Mr. Michael Mugisha
Mr. Mugisha works at the University of Rwanda on research and teaching roles. He is currently the Program Manager for Research and Capacity Development at the University of Rwands. Michael has led various research projects that involved multiple stakeholders both local and international. He has been involved in designing and implementation of various public health research projects. Michael has good management skills of complex projects that require task sharing among multiple stakeholders. He has financial management skills where he managed CDC-PEPFAR and EU funded Implementation Science Research. He has a good track record in steering collaborations with local team from Ministry of Health, Rwanda Biomedical Center, Rwanda Education Board and various NGOs, through joint research activities.
Mr. Mugisha lectures Health Measurement and Research module, unit courses of Biostatistics and Epidemiology to students from the College of Medicine and Health Sciences in undergraduate and postgraduate. He is interested in academic and research work related to design, development, implementation and evaluation of innovations applied in health to improve health outcomes in low resource settings.
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 1.0 AOA Category 2-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- Nurse: Des Moines University is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This live activity has been reviewed and approved for 1.0 continuing education contact hour(s). No partial credit awarded.
- Other Health Professionals: This live activity is designated for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No commercial interest company provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
The speaker(s) will disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director.
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, the following individuals have no financial conflicts with commercial interest companies to disclose:
The information provided at this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 1.00 AOA Category 2A
- 1.00 CE Contact Hour(s)
- 1.00 IBON