TransHealth Series: Community Member Panel Discussion
Once you're logged in, please select the "ENTER" button and submit the questions to complete your registration. Upon enrollment in this course, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions for completing your registration through Zoom.
2020 TransHealth Series
This year's DMU TransHealth Series is 100% virtual! In addition to this community member panel discussion on November 20, we will be hosting a healthcare provider panel on Thursday, November 19 from 2 - 3 pm Central Time. These healthcare providers have pre-recorded an online educational activity to supplement the live panel discussions. On November 19, these providers all come together to answer your questions pertaining to these pre-recorded activities. View each of the sessions below, and then join us live on Thursday, November 19 from 2 - 3 pm Central Time to ask your questions!
- Care of Gender Non-Conforming Children and Adolescents
- Engendering Support: The Power of Family for Transgender Youth
- Gender-Affirming Genital Surgery
The purpose of this panel discussion is to bring together individuals with gender non-conforming experience to share their personal stories, provide insights on their experiences with healthcare, and give pearls that providers can use to offer inclusive, patient-centered care.
DMU faculty, staff, students, residents, and the medical community.
- Recognize barriers to healthcare within the transgender community.
- Describe the transgender healthcare experience from the community member perspective.
- Discuss the lifelong process of coming out as transgender.
Elizabeth Behre, DO'21
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for 2.0 AMA PRA Category1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 2.0 AOA Category 2-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- Nurse: Des Moines University is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This live activity has been reviewed and approved for 2.0 continuing education contact hour(s). No partial credit awarded.
- DPM: Des Moines University (DMU) is approved by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education as a provider of continuing education in podiatric medicine. DMU has approved this activity for a maximum of 2.0 continuing education contact hours.
- Other healthcare providers: This live activity is designated for 2.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No commercial interest company provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, the following individual(s) have no conflict(s) with commercial interest companies to disclose.
- Elizabeth Behre, DO'21, speaker
- Ashley Foster, speaker
- Jackie Ha, DO'23, planning committee member
- Amanda Hale, DO'23, planning committee member
- Helena Mica, MS, MA, planning committee member
- Max Mowitz, speaker
- Samantha Schmitz, DO'23, planning committee member
- Aiden Vasquez, speaker
- Meta Williams, DO'23, planning committee member
Everyone in a position to control the content of this educational activity will disclose to the CME provider and to attendees all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest. The speaker(s) will disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director. Firms providing financial support did not have input in these areas.
The information provided at this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 2.00 AOA Category 2A
- 2.00 CE Contact Hour(s)
- 2.00 CPME
- 2.00 IBON