Care of Gender Non-Conforming Children & Adolescents
The estimated time to complete this course is 50 minutes. Learners will be asked to complete an activity post-assessment with a pass score of 75%.
You must login or create an account before enrolling in this educational activity.
Once you register for the course, you will have 30 days from the date of enrollment to complete the course. The exact date that your access expires will be indicated within the Course Summary box on this webpage.
Healthcare professionals and medical students.
- State the medical definition of gender.
- Properly use preferred name and pronouns.
- Describe standard of care treatment for gender dysphoria in pediatric patients.
Date of original release: November 9, 2020
Most recent review/update: November 9, 2020
Termination date: November 8, 2023
Katie Larson Ode, MD
Clinical Associate Professor of Pediatrics and Endocrinology, University of Iowa Stead Family Children's Hospital
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this enduring materials activity for a maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this activity for a maximum of 0.75 AOA Category 2-B credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- Other Healthcare Professionals: This enduring materials activity is designated for a maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No ineligible company provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
The planning committee member(s) and speaker(s) will disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director.
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, the following individual(s) have no conflict(s) with ineligible companies to disclose.
- Jackie Ha, DO'23, planning committee member
- Amanda Hale, DO'23, planning committee member
- Helena Mica, MS, MA, planning committee member
- Samantha Schmitz, DO'23, planning committee member
- Meta Williams, DO'23, planning committee member
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, the following individual(s) have a conflict(s) with ineligible companies to disclose. All financial relationships have been mitigated by the accredited provider.
- Katie Larson Ode, MD, speaker, has no financial conflicts but does intend to discuss off-label use of a commercial product.
The information provided at this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
- 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 0.75 AOA Category 2B
- 0.75 CE Contact Hour(s)