Gender-Affirming Genital Surgery
The estimated time to complete this course is 60 minutes. Learners will be asked to complete an activity post-assessment with a pass score of 75%.
Once you register for the course, you will have 30 days from the date of enrollment to complete the course. The exact date that your access expires will be indicated within the Course Summary box on this webpage.
Healthcare professionals and medical students.
- List standards of care for gender-affirming bottom surgery.
- Consider what needs to be done prior to surgery.
- Discuss prostate cancer screening.
- Describe surgical options for gender-affirming bottom surgery.
Date of original release: October 29, 2020
Most recent review/update: October 29, 2020
Termination date: October 28, 2023
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this enduring materials activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 1.0 AOA Category 2-B credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- Nurse: Des Moines University is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This enduring materials activity has been reviewed and approved for 1.0 continuing education contact hour(s). No partial credit awarded.
- Other Healthcare Professionals: This enduring materials activity is designated for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No commercial interest company provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, the following individual(s) have no conflict(s) with commercial interest companies to disclose.
- Jackie Ha, DO'23, planning committee member
- Amanda Hale, DO'23, planning committee member
- Helena Mica, MS, MA, planning committee member
- Amy Pearlman, MD, speaker
- Samantha Schmitz, DO'23, planning committee member
- Meta Williams, DO'23, planning committee member
Everyone in a position to control the content of this educational activity will disclose to the CME provider and to attendees all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest. The speaker(s) will disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director.
The information provided at this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 1.00 AOA Category 2B
- 1.00 CE Contact Hour(s)
- 1.00 IBON