Foot and Ankle Surgery Symposium
Des Moines, IA US
April 27, 2012 to April 28, 2012
The symposium will cover a broad spectrum of foot and ankle surgery topics. Each topic will thoroughly review the literature, demonstrate new techniques, and discuss risk, benefits and complications of various foot and ankle procedures.
Foot and ankle surgeons, podiatric residents and podiatric students in the Midwest region.
- Sports Medicine
- Trauma 8 to 5 (Office Trauma)
- Decisions in Nerve Surgery
- EBM – What We Know About Foot Surgery
- The Complicated First Ray
- Controversies in the Hindfoot
- Identify foot and ankle conditions commonly seen in the athlete and develop appropriate skills in the treatment of competitive athletes.
- Read EMG results, identify and diagnosis neurogenic pathology, and develop appropriate treatment plans for nerve conditions of the foot and ankle.
- Identify, diagnose, and develop treatment plans for typical foot and ankle office injuries.
- Discuss up-to-date evidence based medicine, specifically the EBM of various foot and ankle conditions.
- Discuss and recognize various complicated conditions of the first ray, leading to more appropriate treatment and surgical techniques.
- Donna Bahls, M.D., West Des Moines, IA
- Eric Barp, D.P.M., FACFAS, West Des Moines, IA
- Don Buddecke, D.P.M., FACFAS, Bellevue, NE
- Michelle Butterworth, D.P.M., FACFAS, Kingstree, SC
- D. Martin Chaney, D.P.M., M.S., FACFAS, San Antonio, TX
- Jill Frerichs, D.P.M., FACFAS, West Des Moines, IA
- Katherine Frush, D.P.M., AACFAS, Des Moines, IA
- Michael Lee, D.P.M., FACFAS, West Des Moines, IA (Chair)
- James Mahoney, D.P.M., FACFAS, Des Moines, IA
- Christopher Reeves, D.P.M., FACFAS, Orlando, FL
- Thomas Roukis, D.P.M., Ph.D., FACFAS, La Crosse, WI
- R. Tim Yoho, D.P.M., FACFAS (Co-Chair)
Continuing Education Credit
- DPM: Des Moines University Continuing Medical Education is approved by the Council of Podiatric Medical Education as a sponsor of continuing education in podiatric medicine. This activity has been reviewed and approved for a maximum of 12.0 continuing education contact hours.
- Other: Attendees will be given a certificate of participation for a maximum of 12.0 continuing education hours.
Educational grants are not being accepted for this activity.
Des Moines University
3200 Grand AvenueStudent Education Center Auditorium
Des Moines, IA 50312
- 12.00 CE Contact Hour(s)
- 12.00 CPME