Gender Confirmation Surgery - State of the Art
Two attendance options:
Do you have something specific you would like to learn from this activity? You're able to submit a question to the speaker using the link below!
Healthcare professionals and the general public.
Information regarding the other presentations can be found below.
- April 1 - Transgender Mental Health
- April 2 - Transitioning in Childhood
- April 4 - Preventative Care and Health Maintenance on Hormone Therapy
- April 4 - TransHealth Panel
- Describe the complexities and intricacies involved in the process of gender confirmation surgery.
- Learn the technological aspects of gender confirmation procedures.
Sidhbh (“Sive”) Gallagher, MD is originally from Ireland. She became an Assistant Professor at the Indiana University School of Medicine in 2015. She earned her medical degree from the University College Dublin, in Ireland. She then came to the United States to complete a general surgery residency in Philadelphia becoming a board certified general surgeon. After which she completed a fellowship in plastic surgery with the Indiana University School of Medicine, where she has now made a home for her practice and has a passion for gender confirmation surgery. She has trained with practices here in the USA as well as physicians in Ghent, Belgium, Belgrade, Serbia and Sydney, Australia. Dr. Gallagher offers both top and bottom surgeries to Transgender patients and is the surgical director of the Eskenaszi Transgender Health and Wellness Program.
Dr. Gallagher has no conflicts with commercial interest companies to disclose relevant to the content of this educational activity.
Des Moines University is located on a 22-acre campus in the heart of Des Moines, Iowa. Just west of downtown on Grand Avenue, the University is located in one of Des Moines’ most prestigious neighborhoods. The campus is in a historic neighborhood filled with tree-lined streets and gracious older homes and businesses. Its central location makes it easy to access the rest of the city and outlying communities. The campus is close to the Des Moines International Airport, located on the bus line and just blocks from local shopping and downtown Des Moines.
Continuing Education Credit
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 1.0 AOA Category 2-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Nurse: Des Moines University is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This live activity has been reviewed and approved for 1.0 continuing education contact hour(s). No partial credit awarded.
- Other healthcare providers: This live activity is designated for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No commercial interest provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
Everyone in a position to control the content of this educational activity will disclose to the CME provider and to attendees all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest. They will also disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director. Firms providing financial support did not have input in these areas. The information provided at this CME activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
- 1.00 AOA Category 2A
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 1.00 IBON
- 1.00 CE Contact Hour(s)