Gender Confirmation in Adults: A Medical Approach
Two attendance options:
Healthcare professionals and the general public.
Information regarding the other presentations can be found below.
- April 2 - Transgender Mental Health
- April 4 - Gynecological Care for Trans Men
- April 5 - Transitioning in Childhood
- April 6 - Gender Confirmation Surgery: State of the Art
- Understand the complexities of medically transitioning.
- Recognize the barriers that patients encounter to medical transitioning.
- Learn how we as future healthcare providers can best care for patients who are seeking to medically transition.
Joseph Freund, MD is a family medicine doctor at UCS Healthcare in Des Moines. He received his medical degree from the University of Minnesota Medical School and has been in practice for more than 20 years. Dr. Freund is a recognized expert for LGBTQ healthcare.
Relevant to the content of this CME activity, Dr. Freund indicated he has no financial relationships with commercial interest companies to disclose.
Des Moines University is located on a 22-acre campus in the heart of Des Moines, Iowa. Just west of downtown on Grand Avenue, the University is located in one of Des Moines’ most prestigious neighborhoods. The campus is in a historic neighborhood filled with tree-lined streets and gracious older homes and businesses. Its central location makes it easy to access the rest of the city and outlying communities. The campus is close to the Des Moines International Airport, located on the bus line and just blocks from local shopping and downtown Des Moines.
Continuing Education Credit
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 1.0 AOA Category 2-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Nurse: Des Moines University is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This live activity has been reviewed and approved for 1.0 continuing education contact hour(s). No partial credit awarded.
- Other healthcare providers: This live activity is designated for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No commercial interest company provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
- 1.00 AOA Category 2A
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 1.00 IBON
- 1.00 CE Contact Hours