Gynecological Care for Trans Men
Two attendance options:
Healthcare professionals and the general public.
Information regarding the other presentations can be found below.
- April 2 - Transgender Mental Health
- April 3 - Gender Confirmation in Adults: A Medical Approach
- April 5 - Transitioning in Childhood
- April 6 - Gender Confirmation Surgery: State of the Art
- Discuss the complexities of gynecological care for trans male patients.
- Identify the barriers that trans men face in medically transitioning.
- Discuss how future and current healthcare providers can best care for trans men who are seeking gynecological services.
- ACOG Clinical Guidance & Populations / Special Issues in Women’s Health / Special Populations, December 2016.
- ACOG Committee Opinion Number 685, January 2017. Care for Transgender Adolescents.
- ACOG Committee Opinion Number 512, December 2011. Health Care for Transgender Individuals.
Kaaren R. Olesen, DO, FACOOG, is a graduate of Des Moines University in Des Moines, Iowa. She completed a rotating internship and OB/GYN residency at Genesys Regional Medical Center in Grand Blanc, Michigan. She is board certified by the American Board of Osteopathic Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Olesen is the sole owner of Women’s Care Clinic in Urbandale where she practices gynecology including gynecologic surgery. She is also an Assistant Professor at Des Moines University. She and her husband have two boys and two crazy dogs.
Relevant to the content of this CME activity, Dr. Olesen indicated she has no financial relationships with commercial interest companies to disclose.
Des Moines University is located on a 22-acre campus in the heart of Des Moines, Iowa. Just west of downtown on Grand Avenue, the University is located in one of Des Moines’ most prestigious neighborhoods. The campus is in a historic neighborhood filled with tree-lined streets and gracious older homes and businesses. Its central location makes it easy to access the rest of the city and outlying communities. The campus is close to the Des Moines International Airport, located on the bus line and just blocks from local shopping and downtown Des Moines.
Continuing Education Credit
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 1.0 AOA Category 1-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Nurse: Des Moines University is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This live activity has been reviewed and approved for 1.0 continuing education contact hour(s). No partial credit awarded.
- Other healthcare providers: This live activity is designated for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No commercial interest provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 1.00 AOA Category 1A
- 1.00 CE Contact Hour(s)
- 1.00 IBON