Alzheimer's Disease - A National/Iowa Perspective
Two attendance options:
Healthcare professionals and the general public.
The Embrace Aging series provide practical information on how to handle the various life issues associated with Alzheimer’s Disease and other dementias. This program is brought to you by Calvin Community Foundation and Des Moines University with special thanks to the Alzheimer’s Association, Arbor Springs, Broadlawns Geriatric and Memory Center, The Hale Group, Syverson Strege & Company, and Des Moines Pastoral Counseling Center.
Information regarding the other presentations can be found below.
- February 27 - Healthy Aging and Brain Wellness
- March 6 - Palliative Care
- March 13 - Patient and Family Perspective
- March 20 - Dealing with Family Financial Realities
- March 27 - The Emotional Challenge
- April 18 - The Importance of Storytelling
- Describe three difference types of dementia.
- List at least three different diseases that have dementia symptoms.
- Recommend strategies to reduce risk of developing Alzheimer's disease.
Program Specialist, Greater Iowa Chapter Alzheimer’s Association
Relevant to the content of this CME activity, Ms. Callison indicated she has no financial relationships to disclose.
Des Moines University is located on a 22-acre campus in the heart of Des Moines, Iowa. Just west of downtown on Grand Avenue, the University is located in one of Des Moines’ most prestigious neighborhoods. The campus is in a historic neighborhood filled with tree-lined streets and gracious older homes and businesses. Its central location makes it easy to access the rest of the city and outlying communities. The campus is close to the Des Moines International Airport, located on the bus line and just blocks from local shopping and downtown Des Moines.
Continuing Education Credit
- DPM: Des Moines University (DMU) is approved by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education as a provider of continuing education in podiatric medicine. DMU has approved this activity for a maximum of 1.0 continuing education contact hour(s).
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 1.0 AOA Category 2-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Nurse: Des Moines University is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This live activity has been reviewed and approved for 1.0 continuing education contact hour(s). No partial credit awarded.
- Other healthcare providers: This live activity is designated for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
Everyone in a position to control the content of this educational activity will disclose to the CME provider and to attendees all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest. They will also disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director. Firms providing financial support did not have input in these areas. The information provided at this CME activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
No commercial interest provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
- 1.00 AOA Category 2A
- 1.00 CPME
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 1.00 IBON
- 1.00 CE Contact Hour(s)