DSMES Learning Series: Tools to Maximize Virtual and Live Patient Learning and Behavior Change and Provider Communications
YOU MUST LOGIN OR CREATE AN ACCOUNT BEFORE ENROLLING IN THIS EDUCATIONAL ACTIVITY.
Once you're logged in, please select the green "ENTER" button found in the course summary box. After you register, you'll receive an email with instructions on how to complete your registration through Zoom.
If you have questions, please email Laurene Hendricks at email@example.com.
Upcoming DSMES Webinars
February 16 DSMT Reimbursement
March 23 Remote Patient Monitoring Reimbursement
DSMES program staff.
- Explain the key differences between compliance counseling and motivational interviewing.
- Name at least six of the 24 motivational interviewing tools to maximize patient behavior change that are summarized in the word A.D.O.P.T.E.E.S.
- Name the K.I.I.S.S.S.S.S.S.S. tools to enhance patient learning and retention.
- Define the 7 “P’s” of a marketing plan for a service…including DSMES services.
- List the two primary goals of promoting/communicating with providers relative to DSMES programs.
- Give examples of promotions/communications to increase provider referrals to DSMES program.
- Name the two types of outcome measures to be monitored in DSMES programs and explain the order in which patients may achieve them (domino effect).
- Explain the relationship between positive patient outcomes and the value of the DSMES services from the perspective of referring providers.
- State what the “3 S” format is for making a recommendation to referring providers on the patient progress report and explain why this can increase referrals.
Mary Ann Hodorowicz, RD, LDN, MBA, CDE, CEC
Ms. Hodorowicz is a professional consultant, educator, speaker, writer and spokesperson for the health and food industry. She is a registered, licensed dietitian, certified diabetes educator and certified endocrinology coder with multiple skills and years of experience in the food, nutrition and diabetes care and healthcare industries. Her clients include both small or large organizations and individuals in private practice.
Ms. Hodorowicz's consulting and training services are designed to provide you with a high level of expertise to achieve your short or long-term goals in a cost-effective and timely manner. Mary Ann's excellent verbal and written communication skills, expertise in project management and a creative spirit all combine to meet your unique needs and goals.
- Nurse: Des Moines University is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This live activity has been reviewed and approved for 2.0 continuing education contact hour(s). No partial credit awarded.
No commercial interest company provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, the following individual(s) have no conflict(s) with commercial interest companies to disclose.
- Alexandra Grossman, MA, RDN, LD, moderator and planning committee member
- Laurene Hendricks, activity director and moderator
- Mary Ann Hodorowicz, RDN, MBA, CDCES, CEC, speaker
The speaker(s) will disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director.
The information provided at this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
- 2.00 CE Contact Hour(s)
- 2.00 IBON
There is no cost to attend this webinar but registration is required.
After you register, you'll receive an email with instructions on how to complete your registration through Zoom.