Osteochondral Lesions of the Talus
Once you register for the course, you will have 30 days from the date of enrollment to complete the course. The exact date that your access expires will be indicated within the Course Summary box on this webpage.
Foot and ankle providers (DPM, DO, MD, NP, PA, PT).
- Demonstrate knowledge for the mechanism and diagnosis of osteochondral lesion of the talus.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the surgical techniques for bone marrow stimulation surgery for treatment of osteochondral lesions of the talus.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the post-operative recovery and prognosis for osteochondral lesions of the talus treated with bone marrow stimulation.
Date of original release: March 31, 2020
Most recent review/update: March 31, 2020
Termination date: March 30, 2023
Sean T. Grambart, DPM, FACFAS
Assistant Professor, College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery, Des Moines University
Past-President, American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
Dr. Grambart joined the Des Moines Univeristy Foot and Ankle Clinic and College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery in Fall 2019 after practicing with the Urbana, IL-based Carle Physician Group and Carle Foundation Hospital’s surgery department since 2004.
He is a Diplomat and board-certified physician in foot surgery and ankle/rearfoot surgery by the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery. He also is a past president and current Fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons.
A frequent presenter at podiatric medical conferences with numerous published articles and textbook chapters, Dr. Grambart completed a surgical residency with the Northwest Podiatric Surgical Program at the Swedish Medical Center-Providence campus in Seattle and a trauma and reconstruction fellowship in Dresden, Germany. He was the 2014 CPMS Alumnus of the Year.
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, Dr. Grambart indicates he is on the design team for Orthosolutions. Dr. Grambart does not intend to discuss off-label uses of a commercial product(s)/device(s).
- DPM: Des Moines University (DMU) is approved by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education as a provider of continuing education in podiatric medicine. DMU has approved this activity for a maximum of 0.5 continuing education contact hours.
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this enduring materials activity for a maximum of 0.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 0.5 AOA Category 1-B credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- Other Healthcare Professionals: This enduring materials activity is designated for a maximum of 0.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No commercial interest company provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
Everyone in a position to control the content of this educational activity will disclose to the CME provider and to attendees all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest. The speaker(s) will disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director. Firms providing financial support did not have input in these areas.
The information provided at this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
- 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 0.50 AOA Category 1B
- 0.50 CE Contact Hour(s)
- 0.50 CPME