DMU COM Clinical Affairs Educational Conference
DMU regional assistant deans, site physician champions, and site coordinators.
Welcome and Clinical Affairs Update
Steven Halm, DO, FAAP, FACP, Des Moines University
Preceptor Credentialing and Affiliation Agreements (Non-CME)
Des Moines University Sites and Affiliations
|1 pm||Curriculum Committee Discussion||Committee Chairs Discussion|
Entrustable Professional Activities
Leslie Wimsatt, PhD, Des Moines University
OMM Requirements during the Clinical Years
Drew Lewis, DO, FAAO, Des Moines University
Best Practices in Recruiting Preceptors and Working with Students (Non-CME)
Des Moines University Coordinators
Learner and Faculty Well-Being: Finding a Path Forward
Moderator: Nehad El-Sawi, PhD, Des Moines University
Nehad El-Sawi, PhD
Steven Halm, DO, FAAP, FACP
Drew Lewis, DO, FAAO
Stuart Slavin, MD, MEd
Dennis Walker, MHA, FACHE, CMPE
Leslie Wimsatt, PhD
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, the following individual(s) have no conflict(s) with commercial interest companies to disclose.
- Nehad El-Sawi, PhD, Speaker
- Steven Halm, DO, FAAP, FACP, Activity Director and Speaker
- Drew Lewis, DO, FAAO, Speaker
- Stuart Slavin, MD, MEd, Speaker
- Dennis Walker, Activity Coordinator and Moderator
- Leslie Wimsatt, PhD, Speaker
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live, online activity for 2.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 2.75 AOA Category 1-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- Other healthcare providers: This live activity is designated for 2.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No commercial interest provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
Everyone in a position to control the content of this educational activity will disclose to the CME provider and to attendees all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest. The speaker(s) will disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director. Firms providing financial support did not have input in these areas.
The information provided at this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
- 2.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 2.75 AOA Category 1A
- 2.75 CE Contact Hour(s)
This is a closed course and registrations are not being accepted.