Low Back Pain: The Primary Care Doctor's Scourge
Two attendance options:
DMU faculty, staff, students, residents, and the medical community.
This presentation will review the following case(s):
- 46 year old black male presents with atypical chest pain
- Correlate patient history and physical findings to the care plan, examination, and subsequent actions.
- Identify and outline various medical opportunities that advance and improve clinical excellence of care.
- Present and exchange ideas from a multidisciplinary approach to patients, diagnoses, treatment and overall plan of care.
- Improve patient care provided by providers and staff through encouraging best practices.
- Project common understanding among a broad range of specialties which enhance a positive group culture.
Donald Matz, PhD
Chair and Professor, Anatomy and Professor, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, Des Moines University
Shane McClinton, DPT, OCS, FAAOMPT, CSCS
Physical Therapist, Physical Therapy Clinic and Assistant Professor, Post-Professional Doctor of Physical Therapy, Des Moines University
Bret Ripley, DO, FACOFP, FPLI
Chairperson, Family Medicine; Clinician, Family Medicine Clinic; Assistant Professor, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, Des Moines University
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, the speakers have no conflict(s) with commercial interest companies to disclose
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA). DMU and the AOA approve this activity for 1.0 hour of Category 1-A CME credit(s).
- Other: This live activity is designated for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No commercial interest provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
Everyone in a position to control the content of this educational activity will disclose to the CME provider and to attendees all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest. The speaker(s) will disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director. Firms providing financial support did not have input in these areas.
The information provided at this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 1.00 AOA Category 1A
- 1.00 CE Contact Hour(s)