Professionalism in Medicine: Up Close and Personal Case Histories
- Define professionalism in medicine.
- Identify the various forums for teaching medical professionalism.
- Recognize effects of professionalism on patient perception/outcomes.
DMU faculty, staff, students, residents, and the medical community.
Robert Yoho, DPM, FACFAS
Dean, College of Podiatric Medicine, Des Moines University
Relevant to the content of this CME activity, the speaker(s) indicated no financial relationships to disclose.
Continuing Education Credit
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) and approves this live activity for 1.0 AOA Category 1-A credit(s).
- Nurse: Des Moines University is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This live activity has been reviewed and approved for 1.2 continuing education contact hour(s). No partial credit awarded.
- Other: This live activity is designated for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
- 1.00 AOA Category 1A
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 1.20 IBON
- 1.00 CE Contact Hour(s)