1st Annual Geriatric Psych Conference
You must login or create an account before enrolling in this educational activity.Once you're logged in, please select the "REGISTER" tab to process your payment and complete your registration.
Educate medical providers, pharmacists, nurses, social workers, and students about dementia and the complications that often accompany the dementing disorders.
- Demonstrate increased knowledge with regard to dementia diagnosis and treatment.
- Differentiate types of dementia.
- Recognize neuropsychiatric complications associated with dementia.
- Identify psychiatric disorders that may present in the geriatric population with or without dementia.
|Friday, October 6|
|1 pm||Keynote Address: Evolving Trends in Psychopharmacology (Non-CME)|
Hari Kannon, MD
|2 pm||“Common” Non-AD Dementias|
Heike Schmolck, MD, Mercy Medical Center
|3:15 pm||Schizophrenia in Old Age|
Maria Sonnack, MPAS, PA-C, Broadlawns Medical Center
|4:15 pm||Telehealth: Introduction and Application|
|Saturday, October 7|
|9 am||Geriatric Depression|
Ahmar Butt, MD, Broadlawns Medical Center
|10:15 am||Behavioral Problems in Dementia|
Yogesh Shah, MD, MPH, Broadlawns Medical Center
|11:15 am||Pharmacogenomics |
Stephanie Ebner, PhD, Assurex Health
|1 pm||Healthy Aging, Successful Aging|
Robert Bender, MD, Broadlawns Medical Center
|2:15 pm||Anxiety in Dementia Patients and the Elderly|
Janice Landy, MD, Broadlawns Medical Center
|3:15 pm||Addiction in the Elderly|
Michelle Davids, DO, Broadlawns Medical Center
Robert Bender, MD - Biography
Ahmar Butt, MD - Biography
Michelle Davids, DO - Biography
Stephanie Ebner, PhD - Biography
Hari Kannon, MD - Biography
Janice Landy, MD - Biography
Kyle Savage - Biography
Heike Schmolck, MD - Biography
Yogesh Shah, MD, MPH - Biography
Maria Sonnack, MPAS, PA-C - Biography
Des Moines University
Continuing Medical Education
Des Moines University is located on a 22-acre campus in the heart of Des Moines, Iowa. Just west of downtown on Grand Avenue, the University is located in one of Des Moines’ most prestigious neighborhoods. The campus is in a historic neighborhood filled with tree-lined streets and gracious older homes and businesses. Its central location makes it easy to access the rest of the city and outlying communities. The campus is close to the Des Moines International Airport, located on the bus line and just blocks from local shopping and downtown Des Moines.
Continuing Education Credit
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS) through the joint providership of Des Moines University (DMU) and Broadlawns Medical Center. DMU is accredited by IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for a maximum of 9.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 9.0 AOA Category 2-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- Nurse: Des Moines University is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This live activity has been reviewed and approved for 9.0 continuing education contact hour(s). No partial credit awarded.
- Other Health Professionals: This live activity is designated for a maximum of 9.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No commercial interest provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
The information provided at this CME activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
Students are able to attend at no cost. To bring the balance down to $0, please use the code GPSTUDENT2017 at check-out.
- All cancellations must be received in writing at email@example.com.
- A nonrefundable administrative fee of $20 will be charged for all cancellations.
- No refunds will be given three (3) business days prior to the activity start date.
- Cancelled registrations can be transferred to another individual for the same activity.
- Individuals who fail to attend the activity (no-shows) will not receive any refund. Forfeited fees may not be applied to any other activity.