Iowa Diabetes + Wellness Summit
Once you're logged in, please select the "REGISTER" tab to process your payment and complete your registration.
The 100% virtual summit will provide an engaging forum to discuss the latest practices, opportunities, resources, and tools for diabetes prevention, control, and management. National, state, and local experts will share innovative and best practice strategies to reduce the burden of diabetes and empower patients and their families to live healthier lives.
Public health professionals, physicians, podiatrists, nurses, advance practice nurses, chiropractors, physical therapists, health coaches, certified diabetes educators, dietitians, pharmacists, diabetes prevention program facilitators, diabetes self-management education coordinators, and third-party payers.
Wednesday, November 10, 2021
All times listed are in Central Time.
Update on the Iowa Statewide Strategy for Diabetes
Walk This Way: An Interprofessional Approach for Prevention and Management of Diabetic Foot Pathologies
Fighting Insurance Challenges While Overcoming a Diabetes Diagnosis
Keynote Address - Addressing Diabetes Distress in Clinical Practice: Assessment & Intervention
|12:15 pm||Question & Answer|
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS) through the joint providership of Des Moines University (DMU) and the Iowa Diabetes + Wellness Summit. DMU is accredited by IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for a maximum of 3.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 3.5 AOA Category 2-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- DPM: Des Moines University (DMU) is approved by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education as a provider of continuing education in podiatric medicine. DMU has approved this activity for a maximum of 3.5 continuing education contact hours.
- Nurse: Des Moines University is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This live activity has been reviewed and approved for 3.5 continuing education contact hour(s). Nurses must attend the entire session within each day to receive credit. Partial session credit is prohibited and will be forfeited.
- Other Health Professionals: This live activity is designated for a maximum of 3.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No commercial interest company provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
The speaker(s) will disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director.
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, the following individual(s) have no conflict(s) with ineligible companies to disclose.
- Denise Attard Sacco, MPH, CHES, Speaker
- Michael Boyson, MHA, Planning Committee Member
- Rachel Finkelstein, PharmD, BCACP, Planning Committee Member
- Wesley Franklin, Planning Committee Member
- Ali Grossman, MA, RDN, LD, Speaker
- Laurene Hendricks, Planning Committee Member
- Carol Hibbs, Planning Committee Member
- Mary Kaufmann, MS, RDN, LD, CDE, MA, BCC, Planning Committee Member
- Allen Kempf, DPM, MS, Speaker
- Tracy Keninger, Planning Committee Member
- Meredith Koob, Planning Committee Member
- Kathleen Kunath, RN, Planning Committee Member
- Nicholas Lamoureux, MS, PhD(C), Speaker
- Andrew Minear, MPH, Planning Committee Member
- Wendy Mobley-Bukstein, PharmD, BCACP, CDCES, CHWC, FAPhA, Activity Director and Speaker
- Tracy Porter, PT, DPT, EdD, Speaker
- Trina Radske-Suchan, PT, CSCS, Planning Committee Member
- Josie Redman, MHA, Speaker
- Kady Reese, MPH, CPHQ, Planning Committee Member
- Cari Seddon, MA, RDN, LD, CDCES, Planning Committee Member
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, the following individual(s) have a conflict(s) with ineligible companies to disclose. All relevant financial relationships have been mitigated.
- Lawrence (Larry) Fischer, PhD, ABPP, Speaker, is a consultant for Ascensia Diabetes Care and has received grant or research support from Eli Lilly.
- Amanda Gymer, Speaker, is an employee of Diabetic Equipment and Supplies.
- Eric Martin, MD, FACC, FASE, FASNC, FSCCT, FSCMR, Speaker, is a member of the speaker bureau for Boehringer-Ingelheim and Astra Zeneca.
The information provided at this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
- 3.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 3.50 AOA Category 2A
- 3.50 CE Contact Hour(s)
- 3.50 CPME
- 3.50 IBON
Thank you to the sponsors of the Iowa Diabetes + Wellness Summit! We greatly value their support, which facilitates the execution of a high-quality meeting experience for all. Sponsors have provided information and resources that can help make you more effective in your practice and improve patient care.
Prizes will be available to registered attendees for engaging with the virtual exhibit hall! Download and complete the virtual exhibit hall questionnaire for a chance to win the following prizes!
- One (1) - $30 Amazon Gift Certificate
- Two (2) - $25 Amazon Gift Certificates
- Two (2) - Refunded registration cost for the 2021 Iowa Diabetes + Wellness Summit
Click the organization's logo to learn more!
- All cancellations must be received in writing at email@example.com.
- A nonrefundable administrative fee of $20 will be charged for all cancellations.
- No refunds will be given three (3) business days before the activity start date.
- Canceled registrations can be transferred to another individual for the same activity.
- Individuals who fail to attend the activity (no-shows) will not receive any refund. Forfeited fees may not be applied to any other activity.