Can I Use That for Class? Copyright Basics and Library Resources
Once you're logged in, click the "ENTER" button found in the Course Summary box to the right. Your registration will then be confirmed.
This course is part of the Des Moines University Library Nerdfest Series.
Finding and using copyright-compliant materials can be confusing, but the DMU Library is here for you! In this session, we will walk you through the basics of keeping your use of graphics, articles, and other teaching materials copyright-compliant. Learn how to embed a specialized link to an article in a full-text database, download a copyright compliant graphic from Clinical Key or another library database into your PowerPoint slide deck, and more! Please bring your laptop, as there will be hands-on time to practice these skills.
Upon participation in this activity, attendees will be able to
- Recognize that the library’s resources include copyright compliant graphics and linkable journal articles.
- Identify where permalink information may be found in example online databases.
- Utilize and download a copyright compliant graphic from Clinical Key into a Powerpoint slide.
Natalie Hutchinson, MSLIS
Director, Library, Des Moines University
Ms. Hutchinson indicated she has no financial relationships to disclose relevant to the content of this CME activity.
No commercial interest provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
Continuing Education Credit
- DPM: Des Moines University (DMU) is approved by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education as a provider of continuing education in podiatric medicine. DMU has approved this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 continuing education contact hour(s).
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) and approves this live activity for 1.0 AOA Category 1-A CME credit(s).
- Other: This live activity is designated for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
- 1.00 AOA Category 1A
- 1.00 CPME
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 1.00 CE Contact Hours