X-Ray Radiation Safety Course
- Understand Radiation Standards and Oversight from government agencies.
- Understand ways to measure radiation exposure.
- Explain radiation hazards and how to protect oneself.
- Explain emergency procedures when exposed to radiation.
Vickie Behrends, MS
Health and Safety Coordinator, Des Moines University
Relevant to the content of this CME activity, Ms. Behrends has no conflict of interests with commercial interests to disclose.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 0.5 AOA Category 1-B credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- DPM: Des Moines University (DMU) is approved by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education as a provider of continuing education in podiatric medicine. DMU has approved this activity for a maximum of 0.5 continuing education contact hours.
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this enduring materials activity for 0.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Other Healthcare Professionals: This enduring materials activity is designated for 0.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No commercial interest provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
- 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 0.50 AOA Category 1B
- 0.50 CE Contact Hour(s)
- 0.50 CPME