Women’s Health, Physical Therapy, and Treatment For Urinary Incontinence
Once you're logged in, please select the "REGISTER" tab to process your payment and complete your registration.
Once you register for the course, you will have 180 days (approximately 6 months) from the date of enrollment to complete the course. The exact date that your access expires will be indicated within the Course Summary box on this webpage.
- List four problems/diagnoses treated by a physical therapist in the specialty of women's health or pelvic floor rehab.
- Develop effective postural and body mechanics treatment strategies for patients with urinary incontinence that will improve their symptoms.
- Recommend appropriate referrals to women's health physical therapists.
- Recite three screening questions.
- Section on Women’s Health APTA
- National Association for Continence 1-800-Bladder
- I Laughed So Hard I Peed My Pants! by Kelli Berzuk
- Staying Dry, by Burgio, Pearce, Lucco
- Treating Urinary Incontinence
- Diane Lee: The Integrated Systems Model
- Bo and Hilde 2013
- Dumoulin and Hay Smith 2010
- Fritel et al 2010
- Kathy Wallace 2016 Pelvic Resources.com
Date of original release: May 17, 2017
Most recent review/update: May 17, 2017
Termination date: May 16, 2020
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 1.25 AOA Category 2-B credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this enduring materials activity for a maximum of 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Nurse: Des Moines University continuing education is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This enduring materials activity has been reviewed and approved for 1.25 continuing education contact hour(s). No partial credit awarded.
- Other: This enduring materials activity is designated for 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No commercial interest provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
- 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 1.25 AOA Category 2B
- 1.25 CE Contact Hour(s)
- 1.25 IBON