What Department Chairs Can Do to Foster Excellent Teaching
- What is the current/future challenges facing faculty institutions and faculty development?
- What are the dimensions of excellent teaching?
- How important is excellent teaching in your department?
- What are some of the barriers to excellent teaching?
- What can a department chair do to foster excellent teaching?
Mary Deane Sorcinelli, PhD
Dr. Sorcinelli is Associate Provost for Faculty Development, Professor of Educational Policy and Research Administration, and founding director of the Center for Teaching at the University of Massachusetts Amherst. She is co-author of Developing a Teaching Portfolio (2000), Heeding New Voices: Academic Careers for a New Generation (2000), and Creating the Future of Faculty Development (2006).
- 1.50 CE Contact Hours