Vital Connections: The Importance of Maintaining Relationships in a Pandemic
Once you register for the course, you will have 30 days from the date of enrollment to complete the course. The exact date that your access expires will be indicated within the Course Summary box on this webpage.
- Discuss the negative health effects associated with loneliness
- Identify groups that are at high risk of negative outcomes from COVID-19 related social isolation
- Describe steps that can be taken to mitigate COVID-19 related social isolation
Recording date: September 16, 2020
Date of original release: September 16, 2020
Most recent review/update: September 18, 2020
Termination date: September 17, 2023
Lisa Streyffeler, PhD
Dr. Streyffeler is an Assistant Professor and the Chair of Behavioral Medicine, Medical Humanities & Bioethics at Des Moines University-College of Osteopathic Medicine. She is a Fellow of the National Academy of Osteopathic Medical Educators and a licensed psychologist with clinical interests in trauma and caring for pregnant and postpartum women with psychiatric illness. Her research interests include medical personnel selection, medical student well-being, and medical education pedagogy.
- DPM: Des Moines University (DMU) is approved by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education as a provider of continuing education in podiatric medicine. DMU has approved this activity for a maximum of 0.75 continuing education contact hours.
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this enduring materials activity for a maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 0.75 AOA Category 1-B credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- Other Healthcare Professionals: This enduring materials activity is designated for a maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No commercial interest company provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
The speaker(s) will disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director.
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, the following individuals have no financial conflicts with commercial interest companies to disclose:
- Sondra Schreiber, MA - Activity Director
- Lisa Streyffeler, PhD - Speaker
The information provided at this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
- 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 0.75 AOA Category 1B
- 0.75 CE Contact Hour(s)