Using Assessment Data to Improve Higher Order Cognitive Processes Related to Pharmacological Decision Making
The purpose of the presentation is to share with participants a recently implemented assessment strategy with D2L aimed at improving course outcomes. Participants should gain a better understanding of (1) how the learning management system can be utilized to manage and deliver assessments beyond a traditional ‘end of unit exam approach’ and (2) how the presenter aims to improve student performance on higher order exam questions with the implemented assessment strategy. In October of 2016, the presenter will have preliminary assessment data comparing the impact of the newly implemented assessment strategy on student performance before and after implementation.
Matt Henry, PhD
Chair of Physiology and Pharmacology, Des Moines University
Relevant to the content of this CME activity, Dr. Henry indicated he has no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
No commercial interest provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
Continuing Education Credit
- DPM: Des Moines University (DMU) is approved by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education as a provider of continuing education in podiatric medicine. DMU has approved this activity for a maximum of 0.5 continuing education contact hour(s).
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for 0.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 0.5 AOA Category 1-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- Other Health Professionals: This live activity is designated for 0.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
- 0.50 AOA Category 1A
- 0.50 CPME
- 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 0.50 CE Contact Hour(s)