U.S. Department of Transportation: Hazardous Materials Regulation
The course will take approximately 15 minutes to complete. Learners will be required to pass a post-assessment with 80% and complete an evaluation.
This online course is open only to DMU faculty, staff, and students. If you do not have the authorization to access the course, your enrollment will be deleted.
- Understand how the DOT regulations relate to the disposal of regulated medical waste.
- Recognize the types of waste considered regulated medical waste, sharps, and non-medical waste and how to dispose of each properly.
- Explain packing requirements related to Des Moines University.
Vickie Behrends, MS
Health and Safety Coordinator, Des Moines University
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, Ms. Behrends does not have a relationship with any ineligible companies to disclose.
Date of original release: October 24, 2015
Most recent review/update: March 5, 2022
Termination date: December 31, 2024
Continuing Education Credit
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this activity for a maximum of 0.25 AOA Category 1-B credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this enduring materials activity for 0.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Other Healthcare Professionals: This enduring materials activity is designated for 0.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No ineligible company provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
The planning committee member(s) and speaker(s) will disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director.
The information provided at this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
- 0.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 0.25 AOA Category 1B
- 0.25 CE Contact Hour(s)