Upper Extremity Trauma
DMU faculty, staff, students, residents, and the medical community.
- Identify elements of an effective trauma system
- Hear and identify components of a pre-hospital oral patient report with transfer of care
- Review upper extremity anatomy
Roberta Baldus, DHEd, PA-C
Assistant Professor, Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies, Des Moines University
Donald Matz, PhD
Chair and Professor, Anatomy, Des Moines University
Mary Malcom, DO
Paramedic, Emergency Medicine Physician, Rural Critical Access Hospitals
The speakers indicated they have no financial relationships to disclose relevant to the content of this CME activity.
- Advanced Trauma Life Support, Student Course Manual, American College of Surgeons, current edition
- Atlas of Human Anatomy, Frank Netter, MD, current edition
- Clinically Oriented Anatomy, Moore, current edition
- Emergency Medicine, Tintinalli, current edition
- Model Trauma System Planning and Evaluation, U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, February 2006.
- Prehospital Life Support, Student Course Manual, American College of Surgeons, current edition
- Trauma, Mattox & Moore, current edition
Continuing Education Credit
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) and approves this activity for 1.0 hour of Category 1-A CME credit(s).
- Nurse: Des Moines University Continuing Medical Education is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This live activity has been reviewed and approved for 1.2 continuing education contact hour(s). No partial credit awarded.
- Other: This live activity is designated for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
- 1.00 AOA Category 1A
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 1.20 IBON
- 1.00 CE Contact Hours