Treatment-Refractory Bipolar I Disorder
Once you register for the course, you will have 30 days from the date of enrollment to complete the course. The date your access expires will be indicated in the Course Summary box on this webpage.
- Discuss the unique challenges of treatment-refractory bipolar I disorder in the geriatric population.
- Create an effective plan for acute stabilization of treatment-refractory bipolar I disorder with special consideration for first-line treatment options.
Joseph Van Hulle, DO
Second Year Resident, Broadlawns UnityPoint Psychiatry Residency Program
Recording date: November 5, 2022
Date of original release: December 4, 2022
Most recent review/update: December 4, 2022
Termination date: December 3, 2025
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this enduring materials activity for a maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this activity for a maximum of 0.75 AOA Category 2-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- Other Healthcare Professionals: This enduring materials activity is designated for a maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No ineligible company provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
The planning committee member(s) and speaker(s) will disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director.
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, the following individual(s) have conflict(s) with ineligible companies to disclose. All relevant financial relationships have been mitigated.
- Joseph Van Hulle, DO - Speaker. Dr. Van Hulle has no financial relationships to disclose but does intend to discuss the off-label use of a commercial product.
The information provided in this activity is for continuing education purposes only. It is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
- 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 0.75 AOA Category 2A
- 0.75 CE Contact Hour(s)