Treating Patients with Mental Illness: Pearls of Wisdom from the Physician, Family and Patient’s Perspective
You must login or create an account before enrolling in this educational activity.
Once you're logged in, please select the "REGISTER" tab to process your payment and complete your registration.
The program will relate information to assist future practitioners in the holistic integrated treatment of persons with mental illness and their families.
- Illustrate the approaches to care of persons with mental illness from the perspective of the physician/provider, the patient and their families.
- Identify action steps that can be taken in primary care settings to reduce the stigma of mental illness and to normalize the inclusion of mental health care as a routine and essential part of overall health care in daily practice.
- Instill in future practitioners the importance of mental health care in overall healthcare outcomes for all ages.
Copyright: All rights reserved. By viewing this activity, participants agree to abide by copyright and trademark laws, intellectual property rights, and all other applicable laws of the United States of America. No part of the content or materials may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without written permission, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in articles or reviews.
Internet CME Policy: The Office of Continuing Medical Education (CME) at Des Moines University (DMU) is committed to protecting the privacy of its customers. DMU CME maintains its Internet site as an information resource and service for health professionals. DMU CME will keep your personal and credit information confidential when you participate in an Internet based program. Your information will never be given to anyone outside of the DMU CME program. DMU CME collects only the information necessary to provide you with the services that you request.
NAMI Volunteer and Former Board Member
NAMI Vice President
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, the above individuals have nothing to disclose.
Continuing Education Credit
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this enduring materials activity for 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA). DMU approves this enduring materials for 0.5 Category 2-B CME credit(s).
- Other: This enduring materials activity is designated for 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
Educational grants from commercial interests were not accepted for this activity.
- 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 0.50 AOA Category 2B
- 0.75 CE Contact Hour(s)