Treating Patients with Mental Illness: Pearls of Wisdom from the Physician, Family and Patient’s Perspective
The program will relate information to assist future practitioners in the holistic integrated treatment of persons with mental illness and their families.
- Teresa Bomhoff, NAMI President
- Barb Glass, NAMI Volunteer and Former Board Member
- Jim Goodrich, NAMI Vice President
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, the above individuals have nothing to disclose.
- Illustrate the approaches to care of persons with mental illness from the perspective of the physician/provider, the patient and their families.
- Identify action steps that can be taken in primary care settings to reduce the stigma of mental illness and to normalize the inclusion of mental health care as a routine and essential part of overall health care in daily practice.
- Instill in future practitioners the importance of mental health care in overall healthcare outcomes for all ages.
- 1.00 AOA Category 2A
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 1.20 IBON
- 1.00 CE Contact Hours