Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement & Mitraclip: The Science Behind It
Mary Greeley Medical Center Grand Rounds is a multi-disciplinary clinical activity which serves to maintain, develop, or increase the knowledge, skills, and professional performance and relationships that a physician uses to provide services for patients, the public or the profession.
Physicians, mid-level providers, nurses and healthcare administrators.
- Understand the approved indications for TAVR.
- Mitral regurgitation is often undertreated. Understand the effectiveness & safety of TMVR with Mitraclip for the treatment of prohibitive risk patients with severe mitral regurgitation.
Atul Chawla, MD
Cardiology, Iowa Heart Center
- Dr. Chawla disclosed he is a consultant for Medtronic.
- Dr. Brenda Burrough discloses she is a principal investigator in an Amgen research trial.
- Dr. Jay Brown discloses he is an investigator for AstraZeneca.
- No member of the Mary Greeley Medical Center CME Committee who planned this activity, including Dr. Burrough & Dr. Brown, has any financial relationship to disclose relating to the content.
The content and selection of speaker(s) is the responsibility of the Mary Greeley Medical Center for Continuing Medical Education Committee.
Continuing Education Credit
- DO: Des Moines University is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) and approves this live activity for 1.0 Category 2-A CME credit(s).
- 1.00 AOA Category 2A