Teaching Philosophy Statement Workshop
Click here to RSVP. You will be redirected to Pulse.
A component of faculty portfolios (Rank, Promotion, and Tenure Committee) is to include philosophy statements regarding teaching, scholarly activity, service, etc. This workshop is designed to explain elements of a teaching philosophy statement. Group members will determine several ways to describe a classroom to highlight the educator's priorities appropriate for a teaching philosophy statement. Participants will brainstorm ways to support claims made within their teaching philosophy statements with evidence. We welcome you to attend and learn more about what makes a high quality teaching philosophy statement.
- Learn what a teaching philosophy statement is (and isn’t), its importance, what should be included, and ways to support their philosophies.
Brian Pinney, PhD
Educational Specialist, Des Moines University
Relevant to the content of this CME activity, Dr. Pinney indicated he has no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
No commercial interest provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
Continuing Education Credit
- DPM: Des Moines University (DMU) is approved by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education as a provider of continuing education in podiatric medicine. DMU has approved this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 continuing education contact hour(s).
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians.DMU designates this live activity for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) and approves this live activity for 1.0 AOA Category 1-A CME credit(s).
- Other: This live activity is designated for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
- 1.00 AOA Category 1A
- 1.00 CPME
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 1.00 CE Contact Hour(s)