Suspected Cancer Cluster Investigations in Iowa
Mary Greeley Medical Center Grand Rounds is a multi-disciplinary clinical activity which serves to maintain, develop, or increase the knowledge, skills, and professional performance and relationships that a physician uses to provide services for patients, the public or the profession.
Physicians, mid-level providers, nurses and healthcare administrators.
- Define a suspected cancer cluster.
- Describe particular concerns raised as potential causes.
- Explain how these clusters are investigated & reported in Iowa.
- Describe an example of a cluster investigation.
Charles Lynch, MD, PhD
Epidemiology, University of Iowa
Medical Director & Principal Investigator, State Health Registry & Iowa Cancer Registry
- Dr. Lynch has nothing to disclose regarding financial relationships with any commercial entities, commercial companies providing support for this program, or any commercial manufacturers of products and/or the providers of services discussed in this presentation.
- Dr. Brenda Burrough discloses she is a principal investigator in an Amgen research trial.
- Dr. Jay Brown discloses he is an investigator for AstraZeneca.
- No member of the Mary Greeley Medical Center CME Committee who planned this activity, including Dr. Burrough & Dr. Brown, has any financial relationship to disclose relating to the content.
This program is supported by gifts to the Mary Greeley Medical Center Foundation from Mary Greeley Medical Center, McFarland Clinic, First American Bank, and Green Hills Health Care Center.
The content and selection of speaker(s) is the responsibility of the Mary Greeley Medical Center for Continuing Medical Education Committee and not the sponsors of this program.
Continuing Education Credit
DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 1.0 AOA Category 2-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- 1.00 AOA Category 2A