Surgical Advances for Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Mary Greeley Medical Center Grand Rounds is a multi-disciplinary clinical activity which serves to maintain, develop, or increase the knowledge, skills, and professional performance and relationships that a physician uses to provide services for patients, the public or the profession.
Physicians, mid-level providers, nurses and healthcare administrators.
Professional Practice Gap
CPAP is treatment of choice for OSA. However, 50% of patients are not compliant with CPAP. There are alternative treatments that can be helpful to CPAP non-compliant patients.
- Recognize signs and symptoms of OSA.
- Understand CPAP is treatment of choice for OSA.
- Understand alternatives to CPAP for CPAP non-compliant patients.
Phillip C. Lee, MD
Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Mason City Clinic
Dr. Phillip Craig Lee is a board-certified physician who has practiced at Mason City Clinic since 1986, currently serving on the Board of Directors and a recipient of the 2008 Mason City Clinic Physician of the Year Award. In addition to his practice duties, Dr. Lee is also a Clinic Assistant Professor at the University of Iowa and holds appointments at the Mercy Health Center-North Iowa, Naeve Hospital and Albert Lea Medical Center. He is board-certified in Otolaryngology and Sleep Medicine.
Dr. Lee graduated Magna Cum Laude with his Bachelor’s degree from St. Olaf College and was a member of the Phi Beta Kappa and Blue Key Honor Societies, before earning his medical degree from the University of Iowa College of Medicine. His postgraduate training included an internship in General Surgery at LaCrosse Lutheran Hospital and residency training in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinic.
Outside of his practice tenure, Dr. Lee has also remained active in the medical field through publications, lectures and membership in several professional organizations, including:
- Iowa ENT Society, Past President
- American Medical Association
- American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- Cerro Gordo County Medical Society
- American Rhinological Society
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- Dr. Lee has nothing to disclose regarding financial relationships with any commercial entities, commercial companies providing support for this program, or any commercial manufacturers of products and/ or the providers of services discussed in this presentation.
- Dr. Brenda Burrough discloses she is a principal investigator in an Amgen research trial.
- No member of the Mary Greeley Medical Center CME Committee who planned this activity, including Dr. Burrough, has any financial relationship to disclose relating to the content.
The content and selection of speaker(s) is the responsibility of the Mary Greeley Medical Center for Continuing Medical Education Committee.
Continuing Education Credit
- DO: Des Moines University is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) and approves this live activity for 1.0 AOA Category 2-A CME credit(s).
- 1.00 AOA Category 2A