Substance Use in Iowa: Opioids
Once you register for the course, you will have 30 days from the date of enrollment to complete the course. The date your access expires will be indicated in the Course Summary box on this webpage.
Primary care physicians, nurses, mental health professionals, substance use disorder professionals, or clinic staff who support behavioral health services.
- Review the national context and opioid data in Iowa.
- Identify the status of best practices for SUD care in Iowa.
- Discuss the impact of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Monica Wilke-Brown, LMSW
Project Director, Iowa Department of Public Health
Recording date: February 12, 2021
Date of original release: February 23, 2021
Most recent review/update: February 23, 2021
Termination date: February 22, 2024
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS) through the joint providership of Des Moines University (DMU) and the Iowa Primary Care Association. DMU is accredited by IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this enduring materials activity for a maximum of 0.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this activity for a maximum of 0.5 AOA Category 2-B credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- Other Healthcare Professionals: This live activity is designated for a maximum of 0.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No ineligible company provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
The planning committee member(s) and speaker(s) will disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director.
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, the following individual(s) have no conflict(s) with ineligible companies to disclose.
- Julie Baker, MPA, CHCEF, Planning Committee Member
- Bery Engebretsen, MD, Planning Committee Member
- Nicolas Foss, MS, IADC, BACC, ICGC-II, Planning Committee Member
- Gagandeep Lamba, MA, MS, MBA, Activity Director/Coordinator and Planning Committee Member
- Elizabeth Noble, Activity Coordinator
- Danielle O'Brien-Day, LMHC, CRC, Planning Committee Member
- Nicole Gastala, MD, Planning Committee Member and Speaker
- Andrea Storjohann, MSN, ARNP, PMHNP-BC, CADC, Planning Committee Member
- Monica Wilke-Brown, LMSW - Speaker
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, the following individual(s) have a conflict(s) with ineligible companies to disclose. All financial relationships have been mitigated by the accredited provider.
- Janice Landy, MD, Planning Committee Member and Speaker - Does not have a conflict with a commercial interest company; however, she does intend to discuss off-label uses of commercial products.
The information provided in this activity is for continuing education purposes only. It is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
- 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 0.50 AOA Category 2B
- 0.50 CE Contact Hour(s)