Strategies for Providing Actionable Formative Feedback
Participants are being requested to bring their computer.
In this interactive workshop we’ll explore:
- The role of feedback in helping students improve
- The characteristics of good and poor feedback
- Typical challenges associated with providing actionable feedback and how to address them
- Discuss and evaluate the pros and cons associated with different feedback strategies.
- Discuss elements of effective feedback.
- Evaluate examples of feedback.
Michelle Rogers-Johnson, PhD
Educational Specialist, Des Moines University
Relevant to the content of this CME activity, Dr. Rogers-Johnson indicated she has no financial relationships to disclose.
No commercial interest provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
Continuing Education Credit
- DPM: Des Moines University (DMU) is approved by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education as a provider of continuing education in podiatric medicine. DMU has approved this activity for a maximum of 1.0 continuing education contact hour(s).
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 1.0 AOA Category 1-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- Other Health Professionals: This live activity is designated for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
- 1.00 AOA Category 1A
- 1.00 CPME
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 1.00 CE Contact Hours