Strategies for Effective Assessment Planning at the Program Level
Des Moines, IA US
May 10, 2017
What does a quality assessment plan look like? What’s all this talk about indirect and direct assessment? Am I trying to do too much? In this workshop, we’ll examine principles for effective assessment planning, with emphasis on the following topics:
- Developing a “good enough” assessment plan
- Developing actionable questions to guide the assessment process
- Pros and cons of different types of assessment evidence
DMU faculty. Preregistration is not requested.
- Discuss elements of an effective assessment plan.
- Select appropriate evidence to address questions about student learning.
Michelle Rogers-Johnson, PhD
Educational Specialist, Des Moines University
Relevant to the content of this CME activity, Dr. Rogers-Johnson indicated she has no financial relationships to disclose.
Des Moines University
3200 Grand AvenueRyan Hall 281
Des Moines, IA 50312
Continuing Education Credit
- DPM: Des Moines University (DMU) is approved by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education as a provider of continuing education in podiatric medicine. DMU has approved this activity for a maximum of 1.0 continuing education contact hour(s).
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 1.0 AOA Category 1-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- Other Health Professionals: This live activity is designated for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No commercial interest provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 1.00 AOA Category 1A
- 1.00 CE Contact Hour(s)
- 1.00 CPME