Strategies for Aligning Learning Objectives and Assessment Evidence
To discuss strategies for connecting learning objectives and assessment and practice evaluating and improving alignment between learning objectives and assessment evidence.
- Discuss the importance of aligning learning objectives, assessment evidence, and assessment tools.
- Apply weighting strategies (on exams, rubrics, and checklists) to emphasize important learning objectives.
- Evaluate alignment between learning objectives, assessment evidence, and assessment strategies.
Michelle Rogers-Johnson, PhD
Educational Specialist, Des Moines University
Relevant to the content of this CME activity, Dr. Rogers-Johnson indicated she has no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
No commercial interest provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
Continuing Education Credit
- DPM: Des Moines University (DMU) is approved by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education as a provider of continuing education in podiatric medicine. DMU has approved this activity for a maximum of 1.0 continuing education contact hour(s).
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 1.0 AOA Category 1-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- Other Health Professionals: This live activity is designated for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
The information provided at this CME activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition.
- 1.00 AOA Category 1A
- 1.00 CPME
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 1.00 CE Contact Hours