Stimulant Use Disorders
Once you register for the course, you will have 30 days from the date of enrollment to complete the course. The date your access expires will be indicated in the Course Summary box on this webpage.
Primary care physicians, nurses, mental health professionals, substance use disorder professionals, or any clinic staff who support behavioral health services.
- Recognize the signs of methamphetamine manufacturing.
- Discuss the context and prevalence of methamphetamine use.
- Identify the effects of methamphetamine use.
- Identify evidence-based and practice-informed strategies to address methamphetamine use disorders, engagement strategies, and treatment resources.
- Review current research and trends surrounding stimulant use.
Recording date: April 8, 2022
Date of original release: April 19, 2022
Most recent review/update: April 19, 2022
Termination date: April 18, 2025
Theodore D. (T. D.) Hostikka, MS, IADC, LADC
Director of Residential Services, Rosecrance Jackson Centers
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS) through the joint providership of Des Moines University (DMU) and the Iowa Primary Care Association. DMU is accredited by IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this enduring materials activity for a maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this activity for a maximum of 0.75 AOA Category 2-B credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- Other Healthcare Professionals: This live activity is designated for a maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No ineligible company provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
The planning committee member(s) and speaker(s) will disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director.
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, the following individual(s) have no conflict(s) with ineligible companies to disclose.
- Julie Baker, MPA, CHCEF - Planning Coordinator and Moderator
- Kristi Barslou - Activity Coordinator
- Bery Engebretsen, MD - Planning Committee Member
- Nicolas Foss, MS, IADC, BACC, ICGC-II - Planning Committee Member
- Nicole Gastala, MD - Planning Committee Member
- Gagandeep Lamba, MA, MS, MBA - Planning Coordinator and Moderator
- Danielle O’Brien, CRC - Planning Committee Member
- Theodore D. (T. D.) Hostikka, MS, IADC, LADC - Speaker
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, the following individual(s) have a conflict(s) with ineligible companies to disclose. All relevant financial relationships have been mitigated.
- Janice Landy, MD - Planning Committee Member, Intends to discuss the off-label use of products
- Andrea Storjohann MSN, ARNP, PMHNP-BC, CADC - Planning Committee Member, Intends to discuss the off-label use of products
The information provided at this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
- 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 0.75 AOA Category 2B
- 0.75 CE Contact Hour(s)