Shared Governance in Times of Change
- Describe the various definitions of shared governance.
- Explain the roles of the administration, Board of Trustees and faculty in shared governance at Des Moines University.
- Examine the barriers to effective shared governance that may exist at Des Moines University.
- Evaluate opportunities for faculty to assess their effectiveness and efficiency specific to their role in shared governance.
- Develop a model of shared governance that would support Des Moines University’s mission and vision.
Steven C. Bahls
President, Augustana College
Relevant to the content of this CME activity, President Bahls indicated he has no financial relationships to disclose.
|12:30 pm||Introductory comments: What Do You Hope to Accomplish This Afternoon?|
|12:40 pm||Why Work Toward Shared Governance?|
First Break-Out Session
|1:20 pm||Discussion of First Break-Out Session|
|1:50 pm||Discussion of the Definitions of Shared Governance|
Second Break-Out Session
|2:30 pm||Discussion of Second Break-Out Session|
|3 pm||Discussion of Barriers to Effective Shared Governance, as Informed by the Shared Governance Survey|
Third Break-Out Session
|4 pm||Discussion of Third Break-Out Session|
|4:15 pm||Discussion of Best Practices|
Continuing Education Credit
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 3.75 AOA Category 2-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- DPM: Des Moines University (DMU) is approved by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education as a provider of continuing education in podiatric medicine. DMU has approved this activity for a maximum of 3.75 continuing education contact hour(s).
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for 3.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Other Health Professionals: This live activity is designated for 3.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No commercial interest provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
- 3.75 AOA Category 2A
- 3.75 CPME
- 3.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 3.75 CE Contact Hours