Sexual Health and Menopause Concerns: Helping Cancer Survivors with Quality of Life
Mary Greeley Medical Center Grand Rounds is a multi-disciplinary clinical activity which serves to maintain, develop, or increase the knowledge, skills, and professional performance and relationships that a physician uses to provide services for patients, the public or the profession.
Physicians, mid-level providers, nurses and healthcare administrators.
Professional Practice Gaps
Cancer and cancer treatment can have a significant negative impact on sexual function. There are treatments available to help mitigate these adverse effects. Patients with cancer want to be able to discuss their sexual health concerns with their medical teams and believe their providers should initiate the topic. However, more often than not, this discussion never happens.
- Review sexual health concerns of cancer survivors.
- Explain the importance of intimacy during cancer treatment.
- Describe treatment for cancer-related sexual health cancers.
- List treatments for menopause in the setting of cancer.
Stephanie S. Faubion, MD
Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic
Jordan Rullo, PhD, LP
Psychiatry and Psychology, Mayo Clinic
- Neither Dr. Faubion nor Dr. Rullo has anything to disclose regarding financial relationships with any commercial entities, commercial companies providing support for this program, or any commercial manufacturers of products and/ or the providers of services discussed in this presentation..
- Dr. Brenda Burrough discloses she is a principal investigator in an Amgen research trial.
- No member of the Mary Greeley Medical Center CME Committee who planned this activity, including Dr. Burrough, has any financial relationship to disclose relating to the content.
The content and selection of speaker(s) is the responsibility of the Mary Greeley Medical Center for Continuing Medical Education Committee.
Continuing Education Credit
- DO: Des Moines University is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) and approves this live activity for 1.0 AOA Category 2-A CME credit(s)..
- 1.00 AOA Category 2A