- Recognize which Bloodborne Pathogens can be transmitted by not using safe injection practices.
- Understand how infection s are transmitted from patient to patient when not using safe injection practices.
- Explain the procedures and safe guard for using multi-dose and single use vials of medication.
- Explain the 1-1-1 rule.
Vickie Behrends, MS
Health and Safety Coordinator, Des Moines University
Relevant to the content of this CME activity, Ms. Behrends has no conflict of interests with commercial interests to disclose.
Continuing Education Credit
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this enduring materials activity for 0.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Other Healthcare Professionals: This enduring materials activity is designated for 0.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No commercial interest provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
- 0.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 0.25 CE Contact Hours