Reinfection or Relapse: Retreating Patients for HCV
You must log in or create an account before enrolling in this educational activity.
Once you register for the course, you will have 30 days from the date of enrollment to complete the course. The date your access expires will be indicated in the Course Summary box on this webpage.
Providers and clinical staff who are interested in providing treatment and care to individuals diagnosed with Hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection (providers, nurses, behavioral health, linkage navigators, front desk/scheduling, admin, etc.).
- Diagnose, manage, and treat patients with HCV.
- Discuss risk factors for reinfection or relapse of HCV.
- Identify best practices to prevent reinfection and relapse of HCV.
Divya Ahuja, MD
Clinical Associate Professor of Internal Medicine, University of South Carolina School of Medicine
Dr. Ahuja graduated from medical school in New Delhi, India in 1992, and completed parts of his residency in India, the United Kingdom, and then at York Hospital in Pennsylvania. Dr. Ahuja also trained in a fellowship in Genitourinary Medicine and HIV at the Bristol Royal Infirmary and Plymouth Hospital in the United Kingdom and then completed a fellowship in Infectious Disease at Penn State University College of Medicine in 2005. He is the Principal Investigator for the SC HIV/HCV Clinical Training Center and the South East HCV Telehealth Initiative, as well as the Medical Director of the Immunology Center.
Recording date: August 17, 2021
Date of original release: August 24, 2021
Most recent review/update: August 24, 2021
Termination date: August 23, 2024
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS) through the joint providership of Des Moines University (DMU) and the Iowa Primary Care Association. DMU is accredited by IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this enduring materials activity for a maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this activity for a maximum of 0.75 AOA Category 2-B credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- Other Healthcare Professionals: This live activity is designated for a maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No ineligible company provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
The planning committee member(s) and speaker(s) will disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director.
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, the following individual(s) have no conflict(s) with ineligible companies to disclose.
- Julie Baker, MPH, CHCEF - Planning Committee Member and Moderator
- Sarah Dixon, MPA - Planning Committee Member
- Steven Donnelly, PharmD - Planning Committee Member
- Alicia Huguelet, MPH, MSW - Planning Committee Member
- Gagandeep Lamba, MA, MS, MBA, CSM - Activity Planning Committee Member
- Bethany Maen - Planning Committee Member
- Chelsea Miller - Planning Committee Member
- Liz Noble - Planning Committee Member
- Kristi Roose, BA, CPHIMS - Planning Committee Member
- Megan Srinivas, MD, MPH - Planning Committee Member
- Megan Westerly, MSN, BA, RN - Moderator
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, the following individual(s) have a conflict(s) with ineligible companies to disclose. All financial relationships have been mitigated by the accredited provider.
- Donald Hillebrand, MD - Planning Committee Member, Speaker’s bureau for AbbVie and Gilead
- Mark Hillenbrand, LISW, RCSW - Planning Committee Member, Spouse is an employee at Vida Health (develops health information material for consumers)
- Divya Ahuja, MD - Speaker, Does not have a relationship to disclose but does intend to discuss an off-label use of a product or device
The information provided at this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
- 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 0.75 AOA Category 2B
- 0.75 CE Contact Hour(s)