Primitive Reflexes and Developmental Delays in Young Children
Once you're logged in, please select the "REGISTER" tab to process your payment and complete your registration.
Once you register for the course, you will have 30 days (approximately 1 month) from the date of enrollment to complete the course. The exact date that your access expires will be indicated within the Course Summary box on this webpage.
- Assess the most common developmental reflexes present in children with learning disabilities.
- Evaluate the most common reflexes present in children with learning delays.
- Provide guided care to patients to help them overcome their developmental reflexes and learn more effectively.
Recording date: October 15, 2020
Date of original release: October 28, 2020
Most recent review/update: October 28, 2020
Termination date: October 27, 2023
Josh Madsen, DC
Pediatric Chiropractor and Owner, Infinity Chiropractic Center
Dr. Madsen received his Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Palmer College of Chiropractic in Davenport, Iowa, and continued his education through the Carrick Institute of Clinical Neuroscience and Rehabilitation and the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association. Dr. Madsen has taken over 50 specialty seminars to grow as a chiropractor and further improve patient care. He is also chasing his diplomate in Functional Neurology and is a hopeful Fellow in neurodevelopmental disorders.
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this enduring materials activity for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this activity for a maximum of 1.0 AOA Category 2-B credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- Nurse: Des Moines University is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This enduring materials activity has been reviewed and approved for 1.0 continuing education contact hour(s). No partial credit awarded.
- Other healthcare providers: This enduring materials activity is designated for 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No ineligible company provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
The planning committee member(s) and speaker(s) will disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director.
The information provided at this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 1.00 AOA Category 2B
- 1.00 CE Contact Hour(s)
- 1.00 IBON