Pre-Op Evaluation from the Anesthesia Perspective
Mary Greeley Medical Center Grand Rounds is a multi-disciplinary clinical activity which serves to maintain, develop, or increase the knowledge, skills, and professional performance and relationships that a physician uses to provide services for patients, the public or the profession.
Physicians, mid-level providers, nurses and healthcare administrators.
Professional Practice Gap
To reduce pre-operation evaluation variability in order to reduce surgical cancellations or delays that are secondary to incomplete pre-operation surgical evaluations.
- Perform a comprehensive pre-operation evaluation.
- Have improved understanding of anesthesia management of co-morbidities.
Richard Cano, MD
Anesthesiology, McFarland Clinic, Ames, IA
- Dr. Cano indicates he has no financial relationships to disclose relevant to the content of this CME activity.
- Dr. Brenda Burrough discloses she is a principal investigator in an Amgen research trial.
- No member of the Mary Greeley Medical Center CME Committee who planned this activity, including Dr. Burrough, has any financial relationship to disclose relating to the content.
The content and selection of speaker(s) is the responsibility of the Mary Greeley Medical Center for Continuing Medical Education Committee.
Continuing Education Credit
- DO: Des Moines University is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) and approves this live activity for 1.0 AOA Category 2-A CME credit(s).
- 1.00 AOA Category 2A