Podiatric Medicine and Surgery Grand Rounds: Venous Thromboembolism Prophylaxis
Podiatric grand rounds will include a wide range of case studies regarding foot and ankle surgery and lectures regarding current treatment practices within the practice of podiatric medicine. Current literature will be reviewed and new procedures/treatment options will be shard and critiqued.
Foot and ankle surgeons, podiatric residents and podiatric students in the Des Moines area.
- Identify risk factors requiring thromboprophylaxis.
- Identify pharmacologic & mechanical thromboprophylaxis options.
- Discuss novel prophylactic agents: rivaroxaban, apixaban, & dabigatran.
- Discuss ACCP 2012 & AAOS 2013 guidelines on thromboprophylaxis.
- Discuss current research regarding thromboprophylaxis in the foot & ankle.
Rachel Poore, DPM
Dr. Poore has nothing to disclose regarding financial relationships relevant to the content of this CME activity.
No commercial interest provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
Continuing Education Credit
Des Moines University (DMU) is approved by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education as a sponsor of continuing education in podiatric medicine. DMU has approved this activity for a maximum of 1.0 continuing education contact hours.
- 1.00 CE Contact Hour(s)
- 1.00 CPME