Personality and Somatic Symptom and Related Disorders
You must login or create an account before enrolling in this educational activity.
Once you're logged in, please select the "REGISTER" tab to process your payment and complete your registration.
Once you register for the course, you will have 30 days (approximately 1 month) from the date of enrollment to complete the course. The exact date that your access expires will be indicated within the Course Summary box on this webpage.
- Describe the clinical features associated with the 10 personality disorders, and the 5 somatic symptom and related disorders
- List the 3 clusters of personality disorders
- Describe how the epidemiology and characteristics of personality and somatic symptom and related disorders differ between younger and older patients
- Identify principles of diagnosis and treatment of personality and somatic symptom and related disorders in the older patient
Date of original release: October 5, 2019
Most recent review/update: October 5, 2019
Termination date: October 4, 2022
Robert Bender, MD
Section Chief for Geriatrics, Broadlawns Medical Center
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, the speaker does not have any relationships with commercial interest companies to disclose.
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this enduring materials activity for a maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this activity for a maximum of 0.75 AOA Category 2-B credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- Other Healthcare Professionals: This enduring materials activity is designated for a maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No ineligible company provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
The planning committee member(s) and speaker(s) will disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director.
The information provided at this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
- 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 0.75 AOA Category 2B
- 0.75 CE Contact Hour(s)