Pediatric Psychiatric Disorders
Once you register for the course, you will have 30 days from the date of enrollment to complete the course. The exact date that your access expires will be indicated within the Course Summary box on this webpage.
Primary care physicians, nurses, mental health professionals, substance use disorder professionals, or any clinic staff who support behavioral health services.
- Develop a practical approach to diagnosing and treating ADHD in the primary care setting.
- Utilize resources to support diagnosis and treatment of Autism for children.
- Take a practical approach to treating children with depression.
Recording date: November 12, 2021
Date of original release: November 18, 2021
Most recent review/update: November 18, 2021
Termination date: November 17, 2024
Jennifer Groos, MD, FAAP
Pediatrician, BEC Medical and Primary Health Care
Dr. Groos is a board-certified pediatrician with 16 years of experience. She earned her medical degree from the University of Iowa College of Medicine and completed a pediatrics residency at University of Wisconsin Children’s Hospital in Madison, WI. While at Blank Children’s Hospital, she founded the Healthy Kids Program before joining Primary Health Care at the BEC clinic this summer.
Dr. Groos is active in community and legislative advocacy about topics related to health eating and active living. She currently serves as Lead Faculty for the National Childhood Obesity in Primary Care (COPC) Quality Improvement project led by the American Academy of Pediatrics Institute on Healthy
Childhood Weight (IHCW).
Dr. Groos also leads the 5-2-1-0 Health Care Program in Iowa. She serves as the co-chair for the COACH network (childhood obesity advisor) for the American Academy of Pediatrics Section on Obesity. She is a past-president of the Iowa Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics, chair of the chapter committee on legislation, and founder and chair of the chapter committee on obesity. In 2018, she received the Iowa Medical Society Physician Community Service Award for her statewide child health promotion work.
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS) through the joint providership of Des Moines University (DMU) and the Iowa Primary Care Association. DMU is accredited by IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this enduring materials activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this activityfor a maximum of 1.0 AOA Category 2-B credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- Nurse: Des Moines University is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This activity has been reviewed and approved for 1.0 continuing education contact hour(s). No partial credit awarded.
- Other Healthcare Professionals: This live activity is designated for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No ineligible company provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
The planning committee member(s) and speaker(s) will disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director.
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, the following individual(s) have no conflict(s) with ineligible companies to disclose.
- Julie Baker, MPA, CHCEF, Planning Committee Member
- Bery Engebretsen, MD, Planning Committee Member
- Nicolas Foss, MS, IADC, BACC, ICGC-II, Planning Committee Member
- Gagandeep Lamba, MA, MS, MBA, Activity Director/Coordinator and Planning Committee Member
- Elizabeth Noble, Activity Coordinator
- Danielle O'Brien-Day, LMHC, CRC, Planning Committee Member
- Nicole Gastala, MD, Planning Committee Member
- Andrea Storjohann, MSN, ARNP, PMHNP-BC, CADC, Planning Committee Member
- Jennifer Groos, MD, FAAP, Speaker
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, the following individual(s) have a conflict(s) with ineligible companies to disclose. All financial relationships have been mitigated by the accredited provider.
- Janice Landy, MD, Planning Committee Member - Does not have a conflict with a commercial interest company; however, does intend to discuss off-label uses of commercial products.
The information provided at this activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 1.00 AOA Category 2B
- 1.00 CE Contact Hour(s)
- 1.00 IBON