Pain in the Neck
Once you're logged in, please select the "REGISTER" tab to process your payment and complete your registration.
Once you register for the course, you will have 180 days (approximately 6 months) from the date of enrollment to complete the course. The exact date that your access expires will be indicated within the Course Summary box on this webpage.
- Recognize the patient presentation consistent with a Muscle Tension Headache
- Understand a reasonable medical workup for new or worsening headaches
- Describe the general anatomy of the posterior neck, superficial to deep, as it relates to the clinical presentation.
- Discuss the osteopathic approach to neck stiffness / Muscle Tension Headaches
- Identify physical therapy interventions beneficial for a patient with muscle tension headaches.
Drew Lewis, D.O., FAAO, FAOCPMR, FAAPMR
Associate Professor, Osteopathic Manual Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine Program, Des Moines University
Donald Matz, PhD
Chair and Professor, Anatomy and Professor, Master of Science in Anatomy, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, Des Moines University
Shannon Petersen, PT, DScPT, OCS
Associate Professor, Doctor of Physical Therapy and Physical Therapist, Physical Therapy Clinic, Des Moines University
Bret Ripley, DO, FACOFP, FPLI
Dean, College of Osteopathic Medicine, Des Moines University
Relevant to the content of this educational activity, the speakers indicate they have no conflicts with commercial interest companies to disclose.
Copyright: All rights reserved. By viewing this activity, participants agree to abide by copyright and trademark laws, intellectual property rights, and all other applicable laws of the United States of America. No part of the syllabus may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without written permission, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in articles or reviews.
Internet CME Policy: The Office of Continuing Medical Education (CME) at Des Moines University (DMU) is committed to protecting the privacy of its customers. DMU CME maintains its Internet site as an information resource and service for health professionals. DMU CME will keep your personal and credit information confidential when you participate in an Internet based program. Your information will never be given to anyone outside of the DMU CME program. DMU CME collects only the information necessary to provide you with the services that you request.
Continuing Education Credit
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this enduring materials activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 1.0 AOA Category 1-B credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- Nurse: Des Moines University is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This enduring materials activity has been reviewed and approved for 1.0 continuing education contact hour(s). No partial credit awarded.
- Other Health Professionals: This enduring materials activity is designated for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No commercial interest company provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
Everyone in a position to control the content of this educational activity will disclose to the CME provider and to attendees all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest. They will also disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director. Firms providing financial support did not have input in these areas. The information provided at this CME activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition. The content of each presentation does not necessarily reflect the views of Des Moines University.
- 1.00 AOA Category 1B
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 1.00 IBON
- 1.00 CE Contact Hour(s)