Pain in the Neck
Once you're logged in, please click on the "ENTER" button to your right. Your attendance will then be confirmed.
Once you register for the course, you will have 180 days (approximately 6 months) from the date of enrollment to complete the course. The exact date that your access expires will be indicated within the Course Summary box on this webpage.
- Recognize the patient presentation consistent with a Muscle Tension Headache.
- Understand a reasonable medical workup for new or worsening headaches.
- Describe the general anatomy of the posterior neck, superficial to deep, as it relates to the clinical presentation.
- Identify components of physical therapy examination for patients with Muscle Tension Headaches.
- Discuss physical therapy intervention for patients with Muscle Tension Headaches.
- Bret Ripley, DO, FACOFP
Chair and Clinician, Family Medicine and Assistant Professor, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, Des Moines University
- Shannon Petersen, PT, DScPT, OCS
Associate Professor, Doctor of Physical Therapy and Physical Therapist, Physical Therapy Clinic, Des Moines University
- Donald Matz, PhD
Chair and Professor, Anatomy and Professor, Master of Science in Anatomy, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, Des Moines University
Copyright: All rights reserved. By viewing this activity, participants agree to abide by copyright and trademark laws, intellectual property rights, and all other applicable laws of the United States of America. No part of the syllabus may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without written permission, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in articles or reviews.
Internet CME Policy: The Office of Continuing Medical Education (CME) at Des Moines University (DMU) is committed to protecting the privacy of its customers. DMU CME maintains its Internet site as an information resource and service for health professionals. DMU CME will keep your personal and credit information confidential when you participate in an Internet based program. Your information will never be given to anyone outside of the DMU CME program. DMU CME collects only the information necessary to provide you with the services that you request.
- 0.75 CE Contact Hours