Osteopathic Medical Teaching
Osteopathic physicians who participate as lecturers in osteopathic medical education in a didactic format are eligible to receive AOA Category 1-A credit for their participation. Credit is granted on an hour-for-hour basis.
Methods of this education are limited to the formal delivery of medical education lectures in the following settings:
- Osteopathic and allopathic medical colleges
- Specialty or divisional society conferences
- To students, interns, residents, fellows, and staff
Rules, Caps, Etc.
- Granted on an hour-for-hour basis
- Must be verified by the CME Department of the medical college, sponsoring hospital, or sponsor (To report CME earned by medical teaching, please submit a letter from the institution stating the number of hours and date(s) to receive credit)
- CME credits will not be awarded for preparation of lectures
Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 174.0 AOA Category 1-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- 174.00 AOA Category 1A